The range of duties they perform include:
- running the patron coffee bar;
- selling raffle tickets in the foyer; and
- providing ushering services for events in the Burdekin Theatre which includes seating patrons and checking patron tickets.
The funds raised by the Friends of the Burdekin Theatre, is used to purchase items of equipment, which can be seen around the Theatre. These items include:
- the LED street sign;
- the plazma screen TV in the Foyer;
- lighting and sound equipment;
- kitchen equipment;
- a lectern; and
- and many other items.
The Friends of the Burdekin Theatre offer Bursaries to help the youth in the District to attend Summer School in their chosen fields in the Arts.
The Friends of the Burdekin Theatre also sponsor buses to bring school children to the Theatre each year, to experience live performances of children’s shows.
Additionally, the Friends of the Burdekin Theatre provide a free morning tea from 10am for all our Morning Melodies events.
We thank the Friends of the Burdekin Theatre for their continued and dedicated support.
If you would like to become part of the Volunteer Friends team by offering your services to work on shows, please phone 0407 752 452 or write to the Friends of the Theatre at:
Friends of the Theatre
PO Box 773
Ayr Qld 4807