A statement from the Burdekin Theatre regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
As we prepare ourselves to help lessen the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) the Burdekin Shire Council and Burdekin Theatre have put the following actions in place for the best interests of our staff, our performers and all members of our community.
By distancing ourselves today, we are ensuring everyone is still happy and healthy tomorrow.
Event Cancellations & Postponements
Following the advice from State and Federal Governments and lead agencies, we announce the following changes to the upcoming events at the Burdekin Theatre.
- Fast Track Talent Showcase (21 March) – POSTPONED (Date to be advised)
- Morning Melodies – Bloom Sings (25 March) – CANCELLED
- Burdekin Interschool Drama Festival – (27 March) – CANCELLED
- Lost Legends Showcase (Rock & Rollz) – (18 April) – CANCELLED
- Celtic Illusion (23 May) – POSTPONED TO AUGUST 2020 (Date to be advised)
- Owl and the Pussycat (25-26 May) – POSTPONED TO JUNE 2021
- Billy Joel Tribute (5 June) – POSTPONED TO JUNE 2021
Ticket holders of these events will either receive a full refund or will have their tickets transferred to the new dates if suitable. Burdekin Theatre Box Office staff will contact each customer within 10 business days to organise any refunds.
Future 2020 Events
Future events at the Burdekin Theatre will be assessed on a case by case basis and may either be cancelled or postponed as the current COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation is monitored. Ticket holders will be contacted regarding future events as decisions are made.
Ticket sales for future events that have not been cancelled are still open. To abide by social distancing guidelines, we recommend that customers purchase their tickets on our website (www.burdekintheatre.com.au) or by calling the Burdekin Theatre box office on (07) 4783 9880.
However, if customers would like to purchase tickets in person, the theatre box office & admin office will be open to public as per our normal opening hours.
Increased Cleaning Procedures
To ensure that we are doing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 the following cleaning procedures have been put into place:
Regular cleaning and sanitising of all frequently touched areas of the theatre including door handles, surfaces and equipment such as eftpos machines
- Staff members have been given instruction to regularly wash their hands, and have also been provided with hand sanitiser
- Any staff members who are feeling unwell have been asked to remain home until their symptoms subside
- Any staff members who are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 are asked to self-quarantine & seek testing
- Increased cleaning inside the Theatre auditorium & foyer will soon commence including sanitising all chairs, surfaces and handrails.
For any Theatre enquiries, call 4783 9880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For all information and advice on COVID-19, please refer to Queensland Health at www.health.qld.gov.au
Media Contact: Megan Sloan
Phone: (07) 4783 9880