Pass the Mic - Stand up Comedy Workshop
Are you looking to learn new on-stage skills and excel your comedy career? The Pass the Mic – Comedy Workshop is for you! This full day workshop is presented by Anthony Lamond, who has hosted and prod
Are you looking to learn new on-stage skills and excel your comedy career? The Pass the Mic – Comedy Workshop is for you! This full day workshop is presented by Anthony Lamond, who has hosted and produced over 750 shows Australia wide. This FREE interactive comedy workshop also includes a graduation performance the same evening.
DATE: Saturday 29 August 2020
WORKSHOP BEGINS: 9:30am
DOOR OPEN FOR FINAL PERFORMANCE: 7.00pm
FINAL PERFORMANCE BEGINS: 8:00pm
What Will I Learn?
You will learn plenty as there is a full day workshop which will cover the following topics.
- The science of laughter and why we laugh.
- Developing a character for stage.
- Sourcing material and writing it for yourself.
- Stage Craft, how to walk and perform on stage.
- Microphone technique, are you being heard??
- Shaping, editing and finalizing your material
- Develop a 2-5min routine
- Producing your own show and building an audience, an insight into the Comedy Industry and finding your place.
At the completion of the Workshop you will present your routine to a live audience which will be your graduation performance. At the completion of the show you will be presented onstage a Certificate that recognizes your achievement.
How Will the Course Benefit Me?
There are several to participating in this workshop
- Self-Belief and Confidence.
- Growth and Development.
- Expression - How to take your life experiences good or bad and find the funny in them.
- Learning new skills which will help you for any public speaking occasion.
- Learning how to present and influence others.
- Connection - Your graduation performance will be bringing your local community together which will allow them to engage and share a laugh, bringing joy to their lives.