The nearest designated accessible parking spaces are:
On Queen Street in the centre parking section in front of the Burdekin Theatre
- On Graham Street at the rear entrance of the Burdekin Theatre
All our venues offer accessible seating options. See below for each venue:
Burdekin Theate Auditorium
Wheelchair/disability seating is available in Row B. This accessible through Door C on the ground floor outside the Theatre opposite the Burdekin Library. These spaces can accommodate up to two wheelchair users at a time.
- Wheelchair/disability seating is available in Row O. This is accessible by taking the lift in the Foyer and entering through either Door A or B. These spaces can accommodate up to one wheelchair user at a time.
- Wheelchair users may transfer to fixed theatre seats if they choose. Permission must be granted to Burdekin Theatre staff to store their wheelchairs during the performance, where possible.
- If patrons are unable to use stairs it is recommended that they book seats in Rows A and B on the right-hand side near the Door C Entrance. If patrons use a walker these can be brought into the auditorium if permission is granted for Burdekin Theatre staff to store them during the performance, where possible.
- Patrons may request extra time to enter the theatre and navigate stairs/aisle prior to the doors being opened to the public to assist with safety and comfort.
Burdekin Theate Music Loft
- Patrons can access the Music Loft by using the lift in the Burdekin Theatre foyer, there is also a wheelchair ramp leading up to the door.
Burdekin Memorial Hall
The Memorial Hall is fitted with a wheelchair ramp at the front entrance of the building.
The Burdekin Theatre Foyer, Burdekin Theatre Forecourt and Ayr Showgrounds Hall are ground floor buildings which are suitable for wheelchair users to access.
Accessible restrooms are available in both our Male and Female toilets in the Burdekin Theatre Foyer.
Burdekin Memorial Hall
A separate accessible restroom is available at the Burdekin Memorial Hall.
Many events hosted at the Burdekin Theatre support the Queensland Government's Companion Card Program which promotes fair ticketing for people who have a disability and a lifelong need for 'attendant care support' to attend venues and activities. Access to the Companion Card program is only available to Companion Card holders when booking tickets in person or by calling the Box Office on (07) 4783 9880. The cardholder or companion must provide their Companion Card details when making bookings.
For further information about the Companion Card, and for details on how to apply for a card, visit the Queensland Government website.
SPECIFIC PERFORMANCE INFORMATION/ WARNINGS
Burdekin Theatre will attempt to make as much information about shows available as it comes to light, however please free to get in touch to find out specific information for each production (e.g., the use of strobe lighting). Contact our Box Office team on (07) 4783 9880 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistance animals (qualified and in-training) are welcome in the Burdekin Theatre, Burdekin Memorial Hall, and Ayr Showgrounds.