Darren Coggan is one of Australia’s most exciting and diverse artists, a masterful storyteller with a knack of weaving fascinating and perceptive tales through his songs. Darren welcomes us to his campfire, articulating moments of laughter and reflection through timeless tunes that the whole world sang along with.
In an intimate performance, around a campfire, Darren introduces songs from his award-winning albums and celebrates the artists he has remarkably re-created throughout his career, including, Glen Campbell, James Taylor, John Denver and of course his hugely successful and critically acclaimed portrait of Cat Stevens, 'Peace Train - The Cat Stevens Story'.
From humble beginnings, strumming a guitar by ‘the ‘Bidgee’ river in his beloved hometown of Wagga Wagga, to selling out The Sydney Opera House Concert Hall with Peace Train, Darren has forged a unique, diverse career that has seen him embrace the Australian Country Music, Musical Theatre and Television industries with aplomb.
Grab a cuppa and settle in for a sing a long around Darren Coggan's Campfire.
“It was the boy from Wagga Wagga, Darren Coggan, who emerged as the evening’s king of hearts. Coggan has a fresh, powerful, expressive voice, and he just oozed style.”
“Coggan’s musical story-telling is outstanding, as is his singing and playing." SUNDAY HERALD SUN
TICKETS ON SALE - MONDAY 20 JANUARY 2020 - 10:00AM
Tickets $15.00 - Includes Complimentary Morning tea at 10.00am (Provided by the Friends of the Burdekin Theatre)
Interactive Theatre International presents:
Faulty Towers: The Dining Experience
- Straight from the stage of London’s West End via the legendary Sydney Opera House, this international sensation is now returning to Burdekin Theatre in October 2020. Officially the world’s most sought after tribute to the BBC sitcom, Faulty Towers The Dining Experience is an ‘outrageously funny’ night (BroadwayBaby) not to be missed!
Become part of the action as Basil, Sybil and Manuel serve up mayhem on a platter along with five stars, three courses and two hours of non-stop laughter. Expect nothing short of guaranteed fun and a brilliant night out as you climb inside your favorite TV show and experience it from the inside out… With over 70% improvised, this is the completely immersive and highly interactive experience where anything can happen… and usually does!
- ‘Hilariously uplifiting’ ★★★★★ In Touch Magazine, Hunters Pokolbin 2019
- ‘The Best Completely Indestructible Show Award’ The Advertiser, Adelaide Fringe 2019
- ‘A kooky but brilliant concept' ★★★★★ Melbourne Observer, Melbourne International Comedy Festival 2019
Australia born in 1997, the show has been receiving critical and audience acclaim ever since. It’s visited 40 countries over the years, and is constantly touring Europe, Scandinavia, Asia and Australia. It also returns every year to Adelaide Fringe, Edinburgh Fringe and Melbourne International Comedy Festival and has an ongoing residency in London’s West End. Now having sold its millionth ticket, it’s clear that this is the most successful interactive comedy show of its kind.
The cast for Burdekin Theatre features Amy Currie (Sybil), Rob Langston (Basil) and Andy Foreman (Manuel).
* Performer biogs are on the About/Actors page at www.faultytowersdining.com
- ‘A rare treat for a rural community like Oakey [150km west of Brisbane] to witness an international show such as 'Faulty Towers The Dining Experience', and what a Mother’s Day delight it was.’ ★★★★★ Scenestr, Oakey 2019
- ‘It’s a funny-bone tickler. A must-see!’ ★★★★★ Absolute Theatre, Sydney Opera House 2019
- ‘Immersive theatre at its startling best’ ★★★★★ Best of Theatre, London West End 2019
EXPERIENCE THE WORLD’S ♯1 EXPERIENCE!
Venue: Burdekin Theatre, 161 Queen Street, Ayr, QLD 4807
Dates: Friday 16 October 2020 and Saturday 17 October 2020
Times: Doors open 6:00pm with an outside bar in the Forecourt, Show starts 7:00pm in the Foyer.
Tickets: $70.00 per person – all tickets include a 3-course meal and 2-hour interactive show.
Celebrate the holiday season with a Christmas singalong led by songstress/ comedienne Nadia Sunde and her yuletide band. Featuring a beautifully designed set and stunning costumes, patrons will singalong to their favorite Christmas carols and songs. From the producers of Brisbane’s sellout Lord Mayor’s Seniors Christmas Parties.
This is a free event provided by the Burdekin Shire Council
TICKETS ON SALE - MONDAY 20 JANUARY 2020 - 10:00AM
Tickets are Free (Bookings Essential) - Includes Complimentary Morning tea at 10.00am (Provided by the Friends of the Burdekin Theatre)
The Burdekin Theatre is the home of arts and entertainment in the Burdekin Region playing host to a diverse range of live performances, conferences, meetings, seminars, weddings, exhibitions and many local events.
The Burdekin Theatre is a proscenium arch theatre with a raked auditorium seating capacity of 512, on one tier. The venue is fully equipped with lighting, sound, staging and audio visual technology that will allow presentations of the highest calibre.
The Burdekin Theatre & Complex opened in November 1982 and has since become the premier arts and entertainment venue for the Burdekin region.
Want to find out about upcoming Xevents?